Friday 13 April 2012

You can't always get what you want



Not to beat up on Quiznos Sub Shop...but there seems to be a bit of a difference between the sandwich and the advertising picture of my sandwich : )  Is that not, quite often, the way it is though...the difference between how they market an item and what they actually sell you?



I'm not overly familiar with the company having only eaten there under five times, but their bread is quite nice.  Really though...where's the beef?  The sandwich sadly seems almost empty...

And, when ordering delivery...should I have to reheat the dinner in a pan of my own so it's hot? After waiting almost two hours for it to arrive?  Have the cooks at this restaurant ever heard of mixing the pasta with the sauce?  Are dry meatballs appetizing?  I didn't even have the heart to take a picture of the badly burnt chicken breast that came with the other dinner.  To be fair...the entire order made me so unhappy, I called mgmt to let them know and they gave me a future credit to make up for it...which I thought was fair. 

Poor Buddy waving at the birdies...he only wants to go out and say hi : )

Birdies just want spring to come...as a matter of fact, so do I : )

Order more seed for the feeder please : ) Were empty out here! Hello?

I had a wonderful comparison photo showing the awesome looking picture of a mushroom pizza on a box versus what I actually pulled out of the box...I swear it had two mushrooms on it! 
But...those photos are stuck on a computer I cannot seem to get to turn on....sigh....

Eating out can be fun...and sometimes very delicious and rewarding, and sometimes not so much : ) It's the same I suppose when ordering in on the nights you just don't feel like making anything...

But I truly believe that hardly anything compares to a good home cooked meal, made with love, using ingredients you know and preparation methods you can see and watch because you are doing it.  We had a delicious dinner last night, Chilean Sea Bass seared in a mixture of butter, olive oil, lemon and a splash of dry white wine.  Served with steamed asparagus and baby potatoes, halved and sauteed with onion and garlic.  I'm happy when
I'm Cookin' In My Kitchen  


Till next time, thanks for stopping in, thanks for reading and Happy Cookin'



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...