I had the most blessed day yesterday from the moment I woke up. So many wonderful things continued to pile on top of one another until I had to sit back and just pronounce that it was a really extra special day. I love to feel good & smile and make those I love feel good too...so when giggles, chuckles and laughs were shared on the way to the airport to drop off my sister and brother in law at 5 am (YES! I know, it was soooo early!) it was a great way to start the day : )
The weather was gorgeous! I mean...freakin' gorgeous! Blue skies and sunshine : ) I found out early on in the day I had won a giveaway...lunch was yummy...we were having steak for dinner...found and brought home pretty flowers from the market...and while there were more delights in the day to come...the icing on the cake was receiving The One Lovely Blog Award from CJ at Food Stories. CJ has a great blog for food lovers, there is so much offered there where one can find recipes, food news and even find out what the current food holiday is. Today...May 20, 2012 is National Quiche Lorraine Day : )
I want to thank CJ for the award and I hope you'll pop over there to take a peek at all there is being offered. Of course, I had to try to find out some history about the One Lovely Blog Award but, information was scarce. I did find where it was written that it may have started in 2007 or 2008 from a blog called A Grave Interest.
The rules are three and pretty easy + 1...
1. On your blog...accept the award, post a link to let your readers know who awarded you the award which in this case was CJ at Food Stories and thank them : ) Thank you, Thank you CJ! : )
2. Pass the award on to 15 other blogs you think deserve The One Lovely Blog Award.
3. Stop by each of their blogs to let them know you have awarded them this award.
Added to the award, and I am not sure how recently this has began but also...
4. Share 7 random things about yourself.
See? Easy schmeasy : )
7 Random things about myself : )
1. I love the color yellow
2. I love fragrant candles
3. I love to read (I am addicted)
4. I should exercise more
5. I love hats
6. I love the movie Casablanca and tons of other older movies
7. I eat more chocolate than candy
15 blogs who I want to pass this One Lovely Blog Award to : )
1. Amy @ The Angry Chicken
2. Carrie @ Half Baked, The Cake Blog
3. "El Bachelor" @ A Bachelor & His Grill
4. Amy @ Fragrant Vanilla Cake
5. Caitlin @ The Vegan Chickpea
6. Stephanie @ Macaroni and Cheesecake
7. Dana @ Hot Pink Apron
8. Joan @ Chocolate, Chocolate and more Chocolate
9. Lyn @ The Lovely Pantry
10. Jenn & Seth @ Home Skillet
11. Verna @ The Amish Rebel
12. Rachel @ Thou Must Live And Eat
13. Laura @ The Art of Cooking Real Food
14. Missus Tribble @ Rose Wine Lover
15. Dima @ Dima's Kitchen
Thanks again to CJ for passing this award on to me, I am truly honored when someone takes the time to let me know they are enjoying what I'm doing. What a fantastic way to share the love
Here is the HTML code if you would like to use it...thanks to The 3am Teacher
<a href="http://s593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/04fallingstar/The%203AM%20Teacher/?action=view&current=one_lovely_blog_award.png" target="_blank"><img src="http://i593.photobucket.com/albums/tt15/04fallingstar/The%203AM%20Teacher/one_lovely_blog_award.png" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a>
Till next time : ) Ciao and Happy Cookin'