Sunday 29 January 2012

Promenade Bistro offers Excellent Meals, Beautiful Views and Friendly Service



I'd like to take a moment to share with you a wonderful place to celebrate a special occasion or just treat yourself and someone close to you to a delicious meal.

You can participate in the upcoming event, Dine About Winnipeg.........there is a link at the bottom for more information.


A recent visit to Winnipeg, Manitoba and an invitation to share in the celebration of the same day birthday's of two loved ones gave us the opportunity to try the fare offered at the Promenade Bistro in St. Boniface.

With a great view of the Esplanade Riel Bridge with downtown Winnipeg in the background...in the evening, the lights twinkle throughout the city and the reflections from the tall buildings and the bridge sparkle off the surface of the Red River.

A Winnipeg Sunset (My photo)

A daytime photo of the Esplanade Riel Bridge with the construction of the Human Rights Museum in the background.  (My photo)
 It all started today by my looking up the name of the cream served with the salmon dinner in hopes of making something similar (as best I can) for dinner tonight and ended with my writing a quick, well deserved review of the restaurant on Urban Spoon.  Then...I decided to share it with you, why? Because...it was that good! I mean the restaurant of course ; ) 

Here is my brief review written on Urban Spoon...only the third I have ever written.  The first being directly to the owner of Croces Restaurant in San Diego (Ingrid Croce), the second being to The Quail's Gate Winery Old Vines Restaurant in Kelowna, BC.

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/332/1432910/restaurant/St-Boniface/Promenade-Bistro-Winnipeg

The restaurant is under new ownership for those who don't know...and as I never visited before I can only comment on how it is now. Our dinner was spectacular! ...it was everything you could hope for in fine dining. Clean-comfortable-quiet with servers nearby in case you needed something. Our waitress was new and a bit timid though helpful, knowledgeable, and friendly. My lamb shank with the truffled chickpeas, shitake mushrooms and blue cheese was melt in my mouth delicious and the salmon with a smoked salmon horseradish cream was the best salmon my sweetheart said he had ever had....and he's been in the food and beverage industry for over thirty years and loves to cook salmon at home. The price is right, the food is excellent, the view is beautiful and the next time I visit the city...I will return : )

http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/332/1432910/restaurant/St-Boniface/Promenade-Bistro-Winnipeg

If you get a chance, stop in for either breakfast, lunch or dinner.....or even for coffee and dessert!  You won't be disappointed, then come back and let me know what you thought : )  Thanks for reading.

CHECK THIS OUT! An awesome and fun upcoming event Promenade Bistro is participating in : )

 http://accesswinnipeg.com/2012/01/ciao-dine-about-winnipeg-2012-returns-february-2-12/


http://accesswinnipeg.com/2012/01/ciao-dine-about-winnipeg-2012-returns-february-2-12/
 
http://accesswinnipeg.com/2012/01/ciao-dine-about-winnipeg-2012-returns-february-2-12/



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...